Made Better with Beer!
us, Like us, Tag us... but don't send us any of those goofy requests
for clues, or food... K?
We never distribute your email or private
information. Never... ever! And we only contact you a handful of times
a year... Click here
The New Beers of Norway! By Rail, Boat, Bus, and more
July 12 - 24, 2017
11 nights - $4,095, $795
If you walked into a bar in Norway 10 years ago, you could order a "beer", and everyone would know exactly what you meant. Not so today. The craft beer buisiness is booming in Norway. Scattered about this incredibly scenic and orderly land are dozens of breweries making beer to a high Norweigan standard. we will travel from Oslo, through Flam and Voss, to Bergen and beyond, for beer, local foods, fjords, mountains, long summer days and modern urban culture in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Click for details.
- July 12 - Depart the US, bound for Oslo, Norway.
- July 13 - Arrive Oslo, transfer and check in to our hotel, walking tour, beer tasting, welcome dinner - Overnight Oslo
- July 14 - AM Free, PM breweries and pubs, Oslo food tour with 7-8 tastings and libations this afternoon/evening - Overnight Oslo
- July 15 - Free Day in Oslo , evening free - Overnight Oslo
- July 16 - Depart Oslo at 8:25 AM via the Bergen Railway through beautiful valley and mountain terrain to Myrdal, where we will change trains to the scenic engineering marvel -- the Flam Railway to scenic fjord-side Flam. Upon arrival we will check into the hotel, and have some time to explore, before we visit the local viking-themed brewpub attached to our hotel, taste their beers and have a beery dinner in this lovely spot. Overnight Flam
- July 17 - This morning we will take a Fjord Heritage Safari in small boats to discover some fjord's secrets, natural beauty and wildlife -- with beer and lunch and travel to Gudvangen traversing the length of this spectacular fjord. From here we travel to Voss by bus. Upon arrival, we will check into our lakeside lodgings, settle in and head to one of the local breweries for a beer dinner with local friends in a very scenic spot. Overnight Voss
- July 18 - Morning and early afternoon in Voss (many activities possible here), before boarding the train to Bergen. Upon arrival in Bergen, we will check in to the hotel, then find beer and dinner - Overnight Bergen
- July 19 - Free Day in Bergen, late afternoon City/Food tour, followed by a free form pub crawl etc.. - Overnight Bergen
- July 20 - Free day until 8:00 PM when we board our ship to cruise north along the spectacular west coast towards the waterfall laden Geirangerfjord - Overnight Aboard the MS Trollfjord
- July 21 - Half day Aboard the MS Trollfjord as we cruise into the Geirangerfjord. This morning we will dock in Alesund for 75 minutes, a little time to explore, shop or eat on land. At 1:35 pm, arrive in the small town of Geiranger. Transfer to our hotel. Many activities and excursions are available this PM. The hotel also has a great bar, spectacular views, a spa and other stuff worthy of hotel-ing... Overnight Geiranger Union Hotel
- July 22 - 12:15 meet our local transportation, and drive the scenic Eagles Road and Trollstigen, with stops to explore en route along the National Scenic highway to Andalsnes, where we will meet our 4:37 PM train for an incredibly wild and scenic trip to Trondheim. Arrival at 8:20 PM, our hotel is a short walk from the station. Overnight Trondheim
- July 23 - 10:00 AM - local guided tour, brewery lunch, Free time, Farewell dinner - Overnight Trondheim
- July 24 - Fly home from Trondheim
- Cool modern Oslo, the 1000 year old city
- An Oslo insider food tasting tour
- The breathtaking Flåm Railway
- Overnight in fjordside Flam with time to explore
- Fjord safari on the magnificent Aurlandsfjord and on the narrow Nærøyfjord
- Overnight in Voss - adventure capital and home to 2 breweries, with time for hiking, biking, kayaking, rafting, etc..., and local friends
- The scenic Bergen Railway
- 2 nights and 2 full days in colorful, historic Bergen, with guided Bergen food and beer tour
- A scenic overnight Hurtigruten coastal cruise -- the most beautiful voyage in the world -- aboard the MS Trollfjord from Bergen to Geiranger, via art nouveau Alesund and the spectacular Geirangerfjord
- Overnight at the Geiranger Union Hotel with optional excursions (need to be booked in advance) on the Geirangerfjord or to incredible overlook - the Dalsnibba
- Driving and sightseeing on the Eagles Road and Trollstigen.
- Beautiful and wild stretches on the Raumabanen Railway and the scenic Dovrebanen Railway
- A full day an 2 nights in the Viking Capital - Trondheim, with the iconic Nidaros Cathedral, a crazy rock music museum, and cool old town and wharf, and several good breweries and pubs.
- Oslo Beer Tasting
- Flam - Aegir Brewery Beer Paired Dinner
- Voss Super scenic Norweigan Beer Dinner
- Bergen brewpub visit with tasting
- Visit and tasting at Voss Fellesbryggeri
- Trondheim brewpub visit and tasting
- A self guided beer tasting aboard the MS Trollfjord
- Akvavit (aquavit) anyone?
Price (based on 10 people):
- $4095, per person, double occupancy
- $795 single supplement
- Breakfast daily
- 5 dinners, with beer - Oslo, Flam, Voss, Bergen, Trondheim
- Oslo Walking Tour
- Oslo Food tour (like a full meal)
- Bergen Food/City Tour (like a full meal)
- Fjord Heritage Safari from Flam with beer and lunch.
- Trondheim Walking tour
Included transportation throughout the trip:
- Bergen Railway - Oslo to Myrdal
- Flamsbanna - Myrdal to Flam
- Fjord Safari - Flam to Gudvangen
- Bus - from Gudvangen to Voss, and while in Voss
- Bergen Railway - Voss to Bergen
- Hurtigruten Cruise - from Bergen to Geiranger
- Bus - from Geiranger to Andalsnes, via the spectcular Eagles Road, and Trollstigen
- Raumabanen Railway - from Andalsnes to Dombas
- Dovrebanen Railway - from Dombas to Trondheim
- Trip leadership throughout your adventure
- Hand holding where necessary
- Airport Transfers
- 4 Dinners: in Oslo on 7/15, in Bergen 7/20, in Geiranger 7/21, in Trondheim 7/22
- All Lunches, except Flam on 7/17
- Excursions in Geiranger - which are varied, including: kayaking, boat tours to villages, hiking, bus trips to Dalsnibba, driving tours, etc. Most need to booked at least a couple weeks in advance. There is also the brewery, the village, and a museum or two to see...
- 3 nights Oslo
- 1 night Flam
- 1 night Voss
- 2 nights Bergen
- 1 nights on the MS Trollfjord
- 1 night Geiranger
- 2 nights Trondheim
- Depart US - July 12
- Arrival Oslo (OSL) - July 13
- Departure Trondheim (TRD) - July 24
Register now to hold your space.
We expect this trip to sell out quickly!
The overall style of the trip is best suited for somewhat adventurous,
beer-loving travelers who want the camaraderie and structure of
a tour, as well as the opportunity to explore independently. Planned
events and excursions will, for the most part, be informal. Guided
touring is generally the exception, though travelers can always
rely on the support and assistance of the trip leader.
* Please note also:
This itinerary is subject to change based on brewery or hotel
availability, force majeur, acts of dieties, common sense or bad
weather, etc. Breweries are sometimes
unable to commit to hosting groups until a couple of weeks before
we arrive. Substitutions, when necessary, will be as good or better
than what we replaced. And, don't worry, the beer is always good!